Examples of OPEN in Action
In December 2020, OPEN members created an organizational sign-on letter that was sent on December 16th to President-elect Biden, Vice President-elect Harris, and their transition team members. The letter shares policy recommendations and a call to leadership in support of oral health and ending oral health inequities. The Network, through the efforts of its Policy Network Response Team, secured 134 signatures from National, State, Local, Tribal and Education organizations.
Click here to download and read a copy of the letter.
Here are the asks made of the incoming administration:
Immediate, administrative actions
- Extend Medicare coverage to medically necessary oral health care
- Expand the dental workforce
- Integrate dental coverage into Medicare Part B
- Engage oral health providers to fight COVID-19 while increasing access to pandemic-era care
- Preserve dental coverage for people who rely on Medicaid
- Secure comprehensive, affordable oral health coverage for all